bitcoin forecast www.armands.net Egg in a Hole
- 2 bacon slices
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 slice bread or Texas Toast
- 1 lg. egg
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon pieces, cool, crumble and set aside. Using a small round cookie cutter or other round cutter (2? inches is a good size), cut the center out of the slice of bread, saving the center piece. Set both aside.
- In a frying pan or on an electric griddle on medium heat, spread the butter onto the hot surface.
- Place the bread on the hot buttered surface. Also place the center piece on the pan.
- Crack an egg directly into the hole in the slice of bread. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper onto the egg.
- Cook about 1-2 minutes, or until you can flip it. Also flip the center piece.
- Season second side with little salt and pepper. Cook until the desired softness of the egg is reached. For runny yolks, cook about 1-2 minutes each side. Cook longer if you like medium or hard yolks.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately. Top with sausage gravy or chipped beef gravy, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!